Thursday, August 02, 2012

a walk to work

I really like walking to work. How ever I dislike getting to work and being all sweaty. I cant wait until the morning are cooler.
To day I walked by a house that was a cute little cottage, with big trees in the front yard. I could see iris and a few other things poking through the tall weedy grass- over running what looked like it was, at one time, a very beautiful garden.
I found my self wondering as I often do what had happened. Had some one moved, or passed away? Were new owners unable to keep up with the demands of the garden? What did it look like when it was in top shape?

When I lived in Ft. Collins I used to regularly drive by a house the had kitty head shaped wooden fence post toppers. Someone clearly spent a lot of time making them.

No comments: