Tuesday, August 05, 2008

nashville star

i was watching Nashville Star last night. no, I'm not really into reality TV. and yes, i know that there is a lot of weird stuff going on in the background of those shows.
but, shows like Nashville Star, the contestants work hard and give up a lot to be there. in the end you get to watch someones dreams come true. and really the top 10 tour, and the top 5 usually get record deals. at this point i think people know that, so being 2nd place isn't actually that bad.

but that thing about dreams coming true, just hits me in the heart every time.

in the last couple years a number of my dreams have come true. i love being married, and I'm ecstatic to have a house. not to mention the trampoline, scooter and cats. i realize that i have just listed material things, so don't think the super duper amount of support we have had from our parents doesn't count, but these are things that growing up i said: i want this when i grow up.

but now what are my dreams? I'm trying hard to figure that out. i got through school, got a job doing not horrible things, i am paid ok and have benefits. but I'm not really happy there. but the problem with taking the necessary steps to move up or out or some direction, are hard to figure out when you don't know what you want.

No comments: